Two are better than one, because they have a good return on their labor. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. – Ecclesiastes 4:9,12
Contact: Nancy Taylor
We share more than a building with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer – our two congregations seek ways to strengthen our outreach by combining efforts when appropriate. We are finding that joint ministry doubles the blessings and halves the work. As our lives have come together, each congregation has gained an abundance of new friends and coworkers to share talents, resources, and common purpose.
- Food pantry – bags of food are available to those in need on a once-per-month basis; we take donations of canned (with pop-tops) or packaged protein (tuna, sardines, vienna sausages , etc.) and vegetables, individual servings of fruit and applesauce, crackers, bottled water, etc.
- Summer Celebration – a program for both adults and children that offers music, drama, food, and fellowship
- Mutual support of each congregation’s fundraisers to send children to summer church camp
- Fall Festival
- Valentine’s fundraiser
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Collecting toiletries and goods for various Houston missions
- Joint support of The Bridge Over Troubled Waters, a South Houston haven for abused women and children
- Joint support of local and overseas missions
- Joint Episcopal–Lutheran services on special occasions
- Sewing ministry – quilts for the Krause Children’s Center and World Relief